Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Byrds – Fillmore East 1968 ("Gram Parsons lineup")




This one was first posted in April 2013, but I had to remove the link two days later, because, unfortunately, my original source for this recording strongly opposed and objected to making it available to the world. 

Now here it is again, with a working link.

Poor quality audience recording (but a "Gram Parsons lineup" performance!)



The Byrds – Fillmore East 1968

The Fillmore East, Manhattan, New York - May 15, 1968

Roger McGuinn (guitars, vocals)
Chris Hillman (bass, vocals)
Kevin Kelley (drums)
Gram Parsons (guitar, keyboard, vocals)
Doug Dillard (banjo)

This is an hitherto unavailable recording – another Rocking--Byrd exclusive!!!

1. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (2:03)
2. Chimes Of Freedom (3:25)
3. You Ain't Going Nowhere (2:53)
4. Satisfied Mind (3:18)
5. So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star (2:24)
6. My Back Pages - B.J. Blues - Baby What You Want Me To Do (5:36)
7. Hickory Wind (4:45)
8. One Hundred Years From Now (2:27)
9. You Don't Miss Your Water (4:57)
10. Foggy Mountain Breakdown (1:31)
11. Pretty Boy Floyd (3:03)
12. Eight Miles High (3:56)
13. Mr. Tambourine Man (1:53)
14. Turn Turn Turn (2:38)
15. Goin' Back (2:55)
16.
Hey Joe (2:21)

Artwork Included

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm sure glad I looked into your blog again today.
    THANKS!
    Rank Stranger

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  4. 'File does not exist on this server' comes up here. Looking forward to hearing this. Sincerely, Robin Joyce, Moscow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zippy direct does not seem to be working, it just returns a message saying "we'll be back soon". Any ideas or solutions? Best wishes, John

    ReplyDelete
  6. "403 Forbidden" comes up over here. Is there any other way to download the file?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happened? Oh well, thanks for trying

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greg in Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2020 at 3:08 AM

    Is it possible to re-up the file? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so excited to see this show back but when I go to that link, it says that the file doesn't exist. I'm so disappointed, I'm both a huge Byrds fan and I love Gram Parsons. I'm dying to hear this show, is there any way I can get this show? Thank you for all of your great work with this blog, it is very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear RB,

    On behalf of many of your friends and admirers, please re-up this concert. I was lucky to see them at the Roundhouse in London and would love to relive that moment of my youth. Keep up the good work! Sincerely, Robin Joyce, Moscow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good day, could I please get a re-up for this Byrds set ? Thanks, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry no reup for this one fo rthe time being.

    ReplyDelete