Saturday, September 12, 2009

Byrds - Manhattan KS 1973


THE BYRDS

Manhattan, Kansas – January 20, 1973

Roger McGuinn
Clarence White
Skip Battin
John Guerin

Audience Recording

1. America's Great National Pastime (3:48)
2. Chimes Of Freedom (4:55)
3. I Wanna Grow Up To Be A Politician (2:14)
4. My Back Pages - Baby What You Want Me To Do (6:26)
5. Black Mountain Rag (1:31)
6. Mr Tambourine Man (2:54)
7. So You Want To Be A Rock 'N' Roll Star (3:02)
8. Mr Spaceman (3:04)
9. Chestnut Mare (4:58)
10. Roll Over Beethoven (2:55)
11. Hold It (1:21)
12. Eight Miles High (10:05)


5 comments:

  1. Last request ... could I also get a re up for this show ? Again, glad you are accepting requests again. Much appreciated. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the request show went through ? Something about Google came up ( ? ). But I wouls appreciate a re up for this show. Thanks Again, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the request came through. But as mentioned on the right, I don't usually publish comments or fulfill requests from "unknown" visitors. I guess you forgot to use your usual "Digam11" ID so I'll make an exception here this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that, I never had to check to see if I was sending a comment from " Digam11" before. I will check that in the future. If I could get the re up link I would appreciate it. Again, sorry about the mix up. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. This concert is The Byrds portion of a concert presented as " Earl Scruggs, His Family & Friends" at the Ahern Field House in Manhattan, KS. Also on the bill were Joan Baez, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Tracy Nelson, David Bromberg and Ramblin jack Elliot. It was filmed and released in theaters a couple of years later as "Banjoman". Hope this information helps. Mike

    ReplyDelete